- Over 500 students and staff attended GAYPRIL opening ceremonies. A program celebrating the LGBTQIA community on campus.
- Dance Marathon will be hosting an event this weekend with over 600 people dancing for 32 hours and raising over $400,000 for children and families struggling with cancer and blood disorders.
- Over 25 students are participating on a planning team that is working together with staff on campus to plan Geek Week, a series of programs designed to dispel myths and prejudices about being a “geek”.
- 80 students traveled to 7 locations during their spring break to help communities as an alternative to the typical spring break.
- Rutgers students created a special day for almost 100 children with developmental disabilities at the 21st Annual Special Friends Day in March.
- Close to 200 students are signed up to go down to the Jersey Shore for a rebuilding effort in April.
Just thought you might want to hear some of the newsworthy initiatives being led by Rutgers students this semester. Keep calm and lead on Rutgers Students.